Financial Literacy Trust
The Financial Literacy Trust was registered as a non-profit making organisation in January 2016 in terms of the laws of Botswana. The thrust of this organisation is to usher a new wave of financial literacy education in Botswana.
Raising a financially literate generation.
Empowering the nation with the ability to use knowledge and skills to manage financial resources effectively for a lifetime of a financial well-being.
“Empowering generations with financial knowledge”
Our values rest on our five (5) core principles:
- The objects for which this Trust was created are:
- To promote the concept of financial literacy in Botswana as the basis for equitable and sustainable socio-economic development.
- To research, publish, print or encourage or assist in the publication or printing of literary works that promote financial literacy in Botswana.
- To develop financial education programmes for the benefit of youths, women, the poor, less educated and minority households in Botswana.
- To conscientise communities on issues of investments, banking, stock markets, personal and or organisational finance management through simple and understandable modes of communication.
- To partner with key stakeholders in the finance sector in Botswana, to empower local communities with the right skills, knowledge, attitudes and behaviour to be financially independent.
- To solicit for funds and collaborate with other financial literacy implementing partners wherever they may be situated, in the furtherance of the general objectives of the Trust to promote financial literacy in Botswana.